Thursday, 16 October 2014

My first celebration cake

My first celebration cake was for my then future mother in law, it was her 65th birthday and I offered to make her a cake - got to keep the mother in law on side😊. I decided to make a chocolate box, I had never used fondant before and I had a nightmare trying to get it smooth, would have helped if I had brought enough to cover the cake, luckily I managed to get it so no chocolate sponge showed.

If I was to do this cake again I would make the truffles for the inside and make my own chocolate fondant.  Still I was happy with final result although now I can see all the imperfections, my trouble is I don't like to fail in my cakes and other people will love it and all I see are the mistakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment