Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Sisters birthday

It's been a tough few months and I have missed creating cakes, but couldn't let me sisters 50th birthday pass without her having a cake.  As I can't stand for long had to do something simple so decided on a rosette cake, which I have wanted to do for ages but never got round to trying so thought this was a great opportunity.

The cake was chocolate, all my family seem to want is my chocolate cake. I decided instead of the usual chocolate icing I made vanilla buttercream and coloured it dusty pink, then crumb coated the sponge and then piped on the rosettes, the cake was then dotted with pearl balls and edible glitter.

My sister Tina loved the cake and I also used my candelabra for the first time and together the cake looked great even if I say so myself;).





No comments:

Post a Comment